12.21.2008

Things I've Learned this Christmas from a 3 year old

Collin has taught me so much about Christmas this year! I'm not sure where he comes up with this stuff, but it sure makes me smile!

1. The Sherbets came to see Baby Jesus. (He didn't specify orange or rainbow, but my guess is orange!)

2. Jesus' mother's name is Mary Jesus. (He couldn't give me a scripture reference for that one, but he's very confident about it.)

3. The angel told Mary not to be scared because she has a baby. (That one is pretty accurate, but I think it's out of order. When he plays with his Little People manger, he always tells Mary not to be scared after all the sherbets and wise men have come to see Baby Jesus.)

4. We can pray for anything at any time! He's right about this one. Collin is pretty spiritual, Spencer discovered recently. Today, while watching an early Bowl game, Collin told Spencer "we need to pray." Here's his prayer: Dear God, Thank you for the goldfish and for everyone gathered together. Protect us from the "bominable" snowman that he will get scared and run away and to behind the tree. Amen. That's the story of prayer. (He was eating goldfish at the time, and I think we've watched "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" many times!)

No comments: