12.19.2008

Christmas Cookies


This year I decided that we would start a new tradition (or at least I hope it turns into one). Since Collin loves to help out in the kitchen so much, I thought we could bake & decorate Christmas cookies. Since cutting out the cookies involved using loose flour, this year I did that part without any help. Collin has helped with cookie cutters before, but couldn't keep his hands out of the flour, so this time he watched a Christmas show while Mommy cut out and baked cookies.

So, tonight, after the boys went Christmas shopping Bailey and I (mostly I) made frosting. It took two tries! I tried to half the recipe the first time, but forgot the half the water, so I ended up with sugar soup! Oops! Once I got the frosting right, we all sat at the table and decorated cookies. Even Spencer, who is not Mr. Christmas, got in on the action! We had lots of fun!

Collin really just wanted to eat the cookies, frosting, and sprinkles-but before we decorated. He didn't want to wait until we were finished. Bailey sat and watched, and Collin did include her. He was very thoughtful and gave her some sprinkles to eat. Thank goodness she couldn't pick them up!

Here's some pictures of the festivities!
Collin just dumped the whole bottle of sprinkles on this one cookie (it was only half full)
Here's the result:Don't they look yummy!

Collin stuffing his cookie in his face!

1 comment:

Kelly Lawson said...

Bailey sitting at the big people table is hilarious to me. She's just kind of sitting there, like a big person. I especially like the one where you can't really see her Bumbo. So great.

KL