5.11.2010

It's official...

I'm running again! It's only been about 10 years since I ran on a regular basis. It's time to lose weight. I tried P90X, and it was great. The only problem is that our current house has a pier and beam foundation, so it's super loud when I jump, jog, etc. Plus, the guy that does the DVDs is pretty annoying after a few times. Maybe one day I'll do it again, but for now, it's not for me.

So, now I go running in the morning while Collin's at school, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays Bailey is at mother's day out. I have to push the jogging stroller 3 days/week, but I just look at that as more exercise for me. That's good right?

I've only been running a few days, so I'm not sure I really should be telling people that I'm running again. I guess if I put it out there in blog land, then I'll have to keep it up. I really do love running. For a long time I've wanted to get back into it, but there have been so many reasons not to. Before Bailey came along I actually had planned to do a race. I've got a looooooooonnngg way to go before I can make a race a goal, but I do have a goal. I am going to run consistently. Yep, that's a pretty weak goal, but I'm in pretty bad shape! Everyone has to start somewhere, right?

I've been inspired by my cousins Jessica and Kelly (and if I could figure out how to insert a link to their blogs, I would, but I can't and I'm just getting frustrated trying to do that)! Thanks you guys for helping kick me into gear!

I'm not doing anything fancy. I'm just running. No Nike+ this time. No fancy clothes. No fancy shoes. Just me and my ipod shuffle.

We'll see how it goes! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

This is the most awesome news EVER!!!!!!!!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited about this! I actually was going to call you and say that you needed to run, too.

I'm in HORRIBLE shape.

A friend of mine in Texas are meeting up on November 14 in San Antonio to run the Rock & Roll Half Marathon.

You should come, too. :) You've got PLENTY to time to train. Want to join? I'll send you a training schedule...

Christin said...

Horrible doesn't even begin to describe the shape I'm in! I've actually gained weight since I lost weight while nursing Bailey!
Send me the training schedule, and I'll try it! Who knows, maybe I can get there by November.

Jessica said...

First of all, don't even talk about being in horrible shape. When I first started, I hadn't exercised since before Grant was born. HE'S 7!!!! Sooooo if I can do it...anyone can.

Seriously, I am so excited for you!!! AND!! I'm running RnR in November too! We would have SOOOOOOO much fun! No pressure! No pressure!

Anyway, so happy for you. Of course, when you girls start leaving me in your dust, I probably won't be as happy. :)

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

Yeah, the cousins together taking on San Antonio! I can see it now! And our cute little Maggie-Bailey-Eisley cheerleaders at the mile markers.

DOn't worry, Jess. I don't think either of us will be leaving you in the dust ANY time soon.

Christin, i'll email you the intro/welcome-to-running email I got from Jess, which includes the training schedules.