9.24.2008

Pot Pie Chicken

The other night as I was gathering items to cook dinner, all of the sudden there was a chair pushed up to the counter and Collin was telling me he wanted to help me cook. (Collin loves to cook and even has his own apron and spatula.) Usually if I have something to stir I'll let him use his spatula and help, but this night I was making a chicken pot pie and was limited on safe tasks he could do. So, he just stood in his chair and pretended he was cooking the entire meal. When Spencer walked in the door from work Collin proudly announced "We're making pot pie chicken!"
Spencer said, "Wow, you're making chicken pot pie?" but Collin insisted, "No, we're making pot pie chicken!"
When I make chicken pot pie, I cheat and use a rotisserie chicken (thanks for the tip Erin). Here's some pictures of Collin "helping" by eating the chicken. I think this was is favorite part of helping cook dinner!

1 comment:

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

I love it! What a cutie!

I can't wait for little Eisley to be creating messes in the kitchen with me. But for now, I'll keep on crying because we graduated her out of Newborn size diapers yesterday. Boo. They grow so fast!